For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Monday, July 18, 2011

Moo makes dinner

The past few nights Moo has been helping me make dinner.  If there is something she can do, I let her do it.  It's much easier now that she's a little older and I have a new handy stool from Ikea.  Although she's already getting a little too tall for this particular stool.  Anyway, the best thing for her to do is cut up mushrooms or similar soft foods with a butter knife.  She really seems to enjoy it.  Of course I sometimes have to go back in later and make some of them a little more "uniform" so they all cook in the same amount of time, but that's a small price to pay.  I usually do that while she's in the bathroom washing her hands so she doesn't get her feelings hurt by my "fixing" her chopped veggies.  The other day as she helped me make a casserole, I grabbed my camera and snapped a few pics.

She takes her job very seriously.  She also knows not to touch the big knife, that's Mommy's work station right next to hers.  I moved around the counter to get a better shot of her.

After I told her to keep the mushroom on the counter.  Daddy sliced right through his hand one time while he was doing exactly what she was doing in the last photo.  ALWAYS KEEP THE FOOD ON THE BOARD!!!!

She had me take this shot twice because she said she wasn't ready.  She's so funny.

Ta-da!  The finished product, although I don't know why the photo came out looking so yellow.  It wasn't that yellow in person.  Anyway, it's true what they say - if you let kids help you cook and psych them up for how good it will be while they're making it, they are SO eager to try it when it's done.  We've had this before and Moo just wouldn't eat it.  This time she ate a big serving, the only difference is that she helped with almost all of it.  Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment