For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Painting the Driveway





So I pulled a great idea from my Summer Fun List for Moo to do today while the Hubby and I cleaned out the garage.  I got it here, WhiMSy love, and if you have kids you'll love it too.  It doesn't matter how old they are, if they can hold a paintbrush, they will have fun.  It's really simple to make chalk paint - a little water, a little corn starch and some food coloring!  That's it!  It's basically the same as plain old chalk, it washes off with water, but it's like the difference between coloring and painting.  Moo likes to color, but she LOVES to paint.  This seemed to make plain old sidewalk chalk REALLY, REALLY fun.  Toots liked her view from the stroller we stuck her in and parked in the shade.  And Mommy and Daddy got quite a bit of work done while everyone was playing.
While I'm at it, you should really check this blog out.  I LOVE it and since stumbling upon it have checked it every day for great kid-centered fun.  All of the stuff she does seems like it would be so FUN to do with the kids.  And since she has two girls too, the crafts are all things that we could do here with total success.  The other thing I find inspiring about this blog is that Nikki so enjoys spending time with her kids and really has fun doing all these things with them.  I think that is the key.  To have FUN with your kids.  Not give them something to do, then ignore them while they do it.  I don't know, I love it.  Click on the link above for the chalk paint, or the button link to go to her most recent post.  You'll love her, trust me.

No comments:

Post a Comment