For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Peppermint Patty Brownies

If anyone knows where this came from I would like to credit the original source, so please let me know.  I have a few blogs that I read regularly, some that I read maybe once a week, some that I check once every few weeks and some that I just stumble across in a link from one blog to another to another.  I think this idea came from one of those blog links to a link to a link and I just can't seem to retrace my steps to find it.  Anywho, the post was about a delicious recipe for peppermint patty brownies and it was complete with a recipe for decadent brownies filled with the yummy Yorks.
  Well, I didn't bookmark the link and I can't seem to find it again so when I felt like something sinful for dessert I tried to recreate them to the best of my ability.  Since I was in the mood for instant gratification and not a lot of time consuming measuring, I went with the classic boxed brownie mix, whipped it up and placed 12 patties on top of the filled brownie pan.  Then I gently pushed them down into the mix, just low enough to be covered up.  Then I baked them to the package directions and voila!  Let me say that they were DELICIOUS right out of the oven and tasty when cooled, but the candy interior firmed up (the Yorks didn't go back to being Yorks, they became quite firm and more like one of those pillow candies).  They were tasty either way, but I liked them right out of the oven, so the patties were gooey.  Yum!  I bet they'd be even better in that bloggers actual recipe, if only I could find it again!  And I'm sure this would be equally good with any candy you have hanging about.  A nifty little way to spice up the plain old brownie - I plan on making these again after Halloween this year to use up some of that candy in a dessert I can serve to adult guests...a hot snickers brownie and a scoop of ice cream?  Genius!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy! The title stopped me in my tracks. I love how super simple it is.. I guess it is your recipe now, since you did it your way. I get around the blog world so much that I would be hard pressed to tell you where I saw half of the things..Thanks for sharing your version of this brownie. Love the idea of the hot snickers brownie too!

    ReplyDelete