For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Saturday, June 4, 2011

What to do with a Harvest?


Well, last night I made my first real harvest. Yipee! I came away with 6 red onions, two big cherry tomatoes and a bell pepper that I had to pick because it was rotting on the bush. It never had a chance to turn red. So far the bell pepper bushes aren't doing too well. Both fruits have been rather small and both started to rot on the bush before reaching any kind of maturity. Bummer.
But I was able to use the other veggies in my haul to make a yummy chicken enchilada casserole, which we all love. Tonight it was made all the better with the veggies we grew ourselves. Actually, nobody said it was better, but I thought I could taste the difference. Maybe just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment