For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Childlike wonder

This is a photo I took just a few weeks ago of the girls staring at a big grasshopper stationed on the screen right at Toots level.  She's the one who spotted it, actually and said "Mommy, what's dis?"  Moo raced over, knelt down next to her and they just stared.  For about 10 minutes they were glued to the "screen".  I told them it was a grasshopper and that we don't like grasshoppers because they eat our plants, especially the my pretty Hydrangea which this guy is right next to.  I would have gone out there and tried to smash it, but I just couldn't get over how amazed the girls were at that bug.  Once it started moving they were even more interested.  Toots kept her grip on Moo the whole time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment