For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Friday, June 15, 2012

A day in the life...

So I was just browsing the Internet, looking for a new blog to get attached to and I saw a post titled "What are you doing today?" where the blogger posted about what she was doing, then asked her readers to post in the comments about what they were doing or what a typical day was like for them. I thought it was interesting to read about how others spend their day. So I thought I'd post something similar, so here goes! Tomorrow is Saturday, so it's Farmer's Market Day! So as usual, Toots will probably wake up between 6 and 7 am. Then she and I will go out and I'll give her a bottle and watch some cartoons while we wait for Moo to wake up. Then it's breakfast time, get dressed time and figure out what's for dinner and do any necessary dinner prep time. Then we'll head out to the Farmer's Market for an hour. Then we'll head to the Sprout's nearby to stock up on organic baby food and maybe some soy ice cream for lactose intolerant Toots. Then we'll come home for lunch. After lunch, Toots will nap and Moo will work on her First Grade prep book and then watch a little t.v. I will do some chores in the afternoon, laundry, dishes, cleaning up, etc. Until it's time to make dinner. After dinner will be a little more play time, then getting everyone ready for bed, a story and a bottle for Toots. Then bedtime for the girls (who will shortly be sharing a room) and Mommy will finally get a little quite time. I usually have dreams of knitting or reading, but I'm usually so tired at that point that I just end up watching a DVR recording of Joyce Meyers or So You Think You Can Dance. And I usually fall asleep watching it on the couch. At some point I'll wake up because a child is calling, I'll deal with that, then tuck myself in and get ready to do it all again the next day! Well, that's my day, what does your day look like?

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a full day to me. My days are full of caring for my wife of 47 years. She has brain cancer. We would covet your prayers.
    I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete
  2. Covnitkepr1, so sorry to hear of your wife's illness. Of course I will pray for your family. It is surely a blessing to her to have such a caring husband in her time of need. I will go check out your blog right now, thank you for the invitation and thank you for reading mine.

    ReplyDelete