For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Granny's Attic

After the Farmer's Market, I happened to find this great antique store called Granny's Attic tucked in a little side street in Old Town Temecula. It was something like 30,000 square feet of pure antique gold! Moo was along for the ride and not too keen on the idea of scoping out the entire store with me, but I was quite taken with a large section of the store that was devoted to old baby bathtubs and wash basins and farm tables. It was awesome! I found this little beauty there and just couldn't resist. There is a bit of dirt in the bottom because it was displayed with a potted plant in it, but it is in great shape. I love the chippy white paint on the metal base and the few chipped edges add a little character. After seeing one of these somewhere used in a party setting filled with ice and cold drinks, I knew I wanted one but have never seen one until today! I plan on putting it in the yard with a few potted plants in it for every day use, then when we have a BBQ or a party, I'll pull the pots out and fill it with ice. The place I saw it pictured even made a little pennant type banner for the front and tucked a towel in the side to wipe your drink with - too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment