For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My new Book!!!

It feels like Christmas over here! With my new photos for the kitchen and now my new book I just don't know what to do I'm so excited!!!! I came home from a junking adventure today to find a package at my front door and lookie lookie what I found! The brand new, as in not even in stores yet, Farm Chicks Christmas book!!! Thank you Serena Thompson for putting this book together in time for me to make this Christmas a Farm Chicks Christmas! I can't wait to try everything and I just LOVE looking at all the images - they are so inspiring. I have a few of those books, that I just go back and look through because I love the feel I get from them. The images, the colors, the overall vibe of the book is just great and this is one of those books. So if you haven't picked up your copy yet...or put it on your Christmas list for Santa, I suggest you do so right now...go on, I'll wait.
Just as a side note, that cute little vintage metal toy truck was a Farm Chicks inspired purchase I made today. In the other Farm Chicks book, they used a bigger toy truck to hold cookbooks on a counter and I thought it was so cute. Well this little guy is obviously NOT big enough for that, but it was in great shape with vibrant paint in super cute colors, I just couldn't pass it up. I'm thinking it would look really nifty just sitting on the table next to my big white farm pitcher full of flowers...adds a bit of color, don't you think? Right now it's on my mantel, Moo wants to play with it and the Hubby thinks I'm wacko, but what else is new? I just love it!

1 comment:

  1. i don't know much about the book, but the truck is super cute! if you find another one, you can pass it my way ;) and then my kids will want to play with it and my husband will also think i'm a nut. but that's ok. I keep trying to convince him that gingham is amazing. he is ok with gingham dining room chair pads, but my idea about a gingham backsplash in the kitchen was not so well recieved...

    ReplyDelete