For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

$15 Fine Art

I have been looking for something to hang in our bedroom, above the baby crib which has an entire blank wall all to itself. Since it was going near the crib, I wanted it to be safe (we do live in earthquake country) and pretty to boot. When I couldn't find anything pre-made that fit the bill, I started thinking outside the box. So when I saw this paint-by-number kit (yup) at the craft store, I used my 50% off coupon and got it for $5. It kept me entertained for a few weeks, painting it here and there as I had the time. When it was finished, I went back to the craft store and bought a cheap mat and empty frame that you are supposed to have the professionals use to frame your work for you. Since it had no backing and no glass, it was only $10! So I took it home, used my good friend Duct Tape to hold it all together and viola! A very light, shatterproof piece of art for about $15! The colors are perfect for our room and I made it myself! Well, I followed the directions myself, same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment