For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Thrift Store Decor

As you can see, I'm in the middle of painting my bedroom, so bear with me. I just wanted to share this little snippet with you. I know many of you have seen this idea on a number of decorating shows or magazines, but it really is a fab idea. For anywhere from $0.25 to $5.00 (or more, really) you can find cute little plates, saucers and trays at your local flea market/thrift/antique store and hang them on your wall to add a bit of interest and color to a blank space. I refuse to pay more than $2.00 for a plate, so none of the ones pictured here were more than that. I also prefer the kind of freeform look that hanging them as I go creates. I think the wonky shape is a bit more visually interesting. These hang above my rocking chair in the corner between my bed and the crib and I just love them. The Hubby isn't too much of a fan, but they aren't on his side of the room, so he says they can stay. Yipee!

1 comment: