For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

That old table

I don't want to hope you remember, but back when I was pregnant I found this beat up old table at a thrift store for like $10 or $12. I posted a picture of it and told you I would show you what it looked like once I got it cleaned up, fixed up and painted. Well here it is in it's new place, right next to Moo's bed. I fixed one of the legs since it was a bit wobbly, sanded it down, primed it with 2 coats of a special primer/sealer since it had a strange varnished finish and gave it two coats of a pretty shade of white paint. At some point in the future, that chair will be replaced by the identical bed we have stashed under Moo's bed for Toots, since the girls will be sharing a room. But for now it's just Moo and her new table. She likes all the shelves and that she can now keep her stack of books and flashlight right next to her. She likes to "read" a bit before bed. It also gives me a place to put whatever toy she falls asleep with out of the way, but someplace she can find it. If she wakes up in the middle of the night and can't find whatever it was she had when she fell asleep, then she wakes me up to help her find it. Not fun at 3 a.m. So putting it right in front of her face on that little table is WONDERFUL!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment