For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

One sick baby

Toots is sick. She's been really ill for about five days now. Sunday we took her into the ER because we couldn't bring her fever down and couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. Turns out her little body is fighting an infection of the urinary tract variety. Poor baby. She spends her days whimpering, screaming when she pees and sleeping fitfully for a few minutes here and there. She's on antibiotics and Motrin for the fever and pain, though it doesn't seem to be helping much for either. We took her in to her regular Doctor the other day because on the Motrin her temperature was still 103.8 * F. He said we are doing all we can and that she just has to fight it off. He gave her two shots of souped up antibiotics to help things along and that did seem to help. She's not been as whiney and her fever has come down significantly. I just hope she's better soon.

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry your little one is sick,it is so hard when they are that age and can't really tell us what is wrong. I would think that the antibiotics should be showing some good signs of working by now. I will keep in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in to find out how your Charli is. I looked for your email to try to contact you but I couldn't find it...Hope everything is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sherri, she is much better now - thanks for your concern! I have let a lot of things slide while dealing with her sickness and now I'm trying to get back into the swing of things! Sorry for the late reply!!!

    ReplyDelete