For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Watching My Garden Grow

The garden I planted in February is taking off, well to the best of my knowledge. I don't know how well it could be doing right now if I were some kind of master gardener. But I'm excited. Lemons growing on the tiny tree, literally this tree is about 18" tall right now. I have my first 3 bell peppers growing, with at least 4 more on the way. A good looking group of red onions that I keep checking on, even though I know I shouldn't. A spicy basil plant that is finally looking healthy - I have been sure for the last few weeks that it was on it's last legs. Two healthy Roma tomato plants and one Husky Cherry tomato with 3 little green orbs growing...at least that's all I can see. I may find a few more once they turn red and are easier to find. Yup, the little garden has proven a success thus far. But I'm not going to celebrate until I get that first bowl of spaghetti with those onions, basil, bell pepper and tomatoes! Maybe a Limoncello on the side?
When that day comes, I'll be a happy camper.



























1 comment:

  1. Lucky you to have things growing. We still can't get anything in the ground as it is still too wet and cold. You will be eating from your garden soon at this rate, how exciting.

    ReplyDelete