For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Monday, July 12, 2010

The Brown Butter Cookie Company

Original-Box.jpg

Let me just start by saying that I have found a new love in baked treats and it's name is Brown Butter! While visiting my parents in the beautiful Central Coast of California, we took a little drive out to Cayucos to wander through the local Peddler's Faire. None of us had ever been to Cayucos before, so we enjoyed poking around the downtown area after getting our fil of the Faire. Not too far along our journey we came to the cutest little bakery ever - The Brown Butter Cookie Company - and it jogged some memory for me. While my hubby was deployed a few years back, Moo and I stayed with my parents for a few months to stave off loneliness. We signed up for some Mommy and Me classes and quite often the Mommys would rave about these cookies. Any time one of them drove to the coast for some reason, they would try to stop by to pick up a batch, or two, or three of these amazing cookies. I thought that was kind of silly, I mean how good could they really be for me to want to drive all the way out there for a box? So I never tried the famous cookies, but now that we were right in front of the store, I informed my parents that this was some type of local institution and we must try it. So in we went to buy a convenient sample pack, one of each of their cookies neatly packaged to look like a christmas tree of deliciousness. I wanted to take the little bundle back to the car to get a snap shot of it before we devoured it, but that didn't happen. So I snagged this pic from their website of a box you can order on-line and get in the mail! Yes, if you live too far to drive to Cayucos, you can order a box, or ten, to be delivered to you - which I may end up doing if we don't go to my parents house enough to keep me stocked up. Here is their information:

Brown Butter Cookie Company

250 N. Ocean Avenue

Cayucos, CA 93430

805-995-2076

www.brownbuttercookies.com

To say their cookies are to die for is the understatement of the century. The cookie they are named for is a delicious and surprising brown butter sea salt cookie. If you are a fan of the salty/sweet combo, say chocolate covered pretzles, then these mght be just up your alley. The chocolate chip are great, oatmeal, honey, peanut butter - all good. But my favorite (Moo's too) was one that tasted like a luscious nutty brownie in cookie form. I have no idea what this one was called, but it was chocolaty, chewy and SO good! Next time we go, we will be getting at least 100 of those...that should last us the drive back home. Maybe we'll get some for Daddy too. So go check them out, if you're in town or want to order them on-line. It's a sweet little company with the nicest people you'll ever meet. And those are my favorite kind of businesses to promote.

No comments:

Post a Comment