For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Not too shabby...yet

Well, as if I didn't have enough on my plate right now with the serious ant invasion that is currently taking place in my kitchen sink (gross, by the way), the baby on the way, the front yard in desperate need of a good weeding, the backyard in need of a miracle and Moo, who seems to have decided that since Mommy is so big right now and can't move around all that well it's the perfect time to act up. Even with all that going on, I still like to stop by my local thrift stores every few weeks to see what they have. You would think a super populated area like Southern California would have giant wherehouse-like thrift stores, well think again. The Goodwill here is smaller than the one I used to shop at when we lived in a tiny town in Washington. However we do have a Goodwill and a Salvation Army, so I guess it works out to the same square footage between the two stores.
On my last trip there, I found this cute little table for $12.00. I don't know what it was supposed to be used for, it almost looks like a child's desk but the space under it is too small for even a child's chair. As you can see it's got a lot of wear, there are quite a few scratches, nicks and even what appears to be an acetone stain (where spilled acetone ate through the finish) on one of the shelves. But for $12.00 I thought I could turn it into something fabulous for Moo and #2's room. Stay tuned and I'll show you what it looks like when it's all done...only a little sanding, priming, painting and we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment