For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Grammy's Bounty

Our trips to Grammy and Grampy's house are always fun and exciting. This time, we got to check out Grammy's edible garden - yum! She has done tomatoes and pole beans in the past, but this year she planted tiny cherry tomatoes and two little blueberry bushes. Moo is an old pro at finding the little red tomatoes hiding on the bush...

How tiny that tomato looks in the hands of a 4 year old! Needless to say that though we found quite a few tomatoes, they were all barely bit sized. But perfect for a pre-schooler!

We were excited to be around for Grammy's first haul of blueberries. You're looking at them! A whopping six, though I had to inform her that the rather reddish ones would be sour - she picked them a little too early in her excitement. So we really only got two perfect berries. Not enough for a pie, but enough for a taste. We let Grammy and Grampy each have one, since it's their garden! Moo and I will wait for the pie...maybe next visit. Seeing Grammy's little garden and how much fun Moo has exploring for edibles made me want to try it myself. The only thing stopping me is the ant metropolis in our backyard. We really have to call someone out to get rid of the things...I've tried everything and they just laugh at me. They don't seem to be going after my one edible though, my lemon tree is doing ok...no lemons yet though. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment