For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Handmade Hats of Love


My girls, Moo and Toots, sporting this years knit winter caps. I say this years because though Moos' will probably last a while, Toots will most likely need a new one next winter. We have large headed babies here in Bailey Country. Moo chose a purple on purple stripe pattern for her hat and matching scarf to go with her jacket (also purple). Though she maintains that pink is her favorite color. We picked pink for Toots, mainly because we wanted her to be easily identified as "girl". I think they both came out well and the girls seem to like them. At least they keep their heads warm and that's what matters, right?
Kids hats are super easy to knit, even on double pointed needles (I know a lot of people think these are scary, but I assure you they are not) and whip up rather quickly. It's kind of nice to have a piece of wearable clothing you can knit in under a year! I have yet to undertake a adult-sized sweater for that very reason. I have made a child's sweater for Moo, which I will have to dig out a photo of at some point to post here.
Anyway, I just thought I should grab a shot of the girls in their winter hats before it's too warm to even think of such attire. Why not? Hope you're enjoying the last of the cold weather, because I have a feeling this year will be a doosey of a hot one!

No comments:

Post a Comment