For the Farmgirl at heart

Everything farmgirl, vintage, handmade, homemade, fabulous and fun!

Friday, February 18, 2011

Toots is sad

Look at that Argall Lip. Toots is sad. Really sad. It's been a few days since her 4 month check-up (shots) and she is still fussy and crying so much more than normal. She has no fever and no swelling or other oddness at the injection site so I don't think anything is really *wrong* with her...I think it's just a general crummy feeling from the vaccinations. I just hope she gets over it soon. My back is killing me! She seems to feel that being held only merits a 75% cry while being put down in the swing/exersaucer/floormat/crib deserves a full out, red-faced 150% screamfest. So Mommy has gotten little sleep the past few days and even less done around the house. I had to put her down for a little while today to wash the burp rags (we were out of clean ones) and wash/prepare a new batch of bottles (we formula-feed Toots, so every day I have to wash all the bottles and fill them all so they are handy in the fridge when she gets hungry). She screamed the entire time, developed a serious case of the hiccups and gagged/dry heaved a few times. Moo was right there, trying to get her interested in playing with her teether or a toy. She turned on the musical Glo-Worm, she sang a song, that wonderful big sissy did everything she could think of to help Toots. When she finally gave up she said "Toots, I don't know what's wrong with you. You're fine, so stop crying so I can get some work done." I think she meant playing, but I like the idea. She didn't yell this, she simply said it in the hands in the air kind of "I give up" way that people say that type of thing. It almost made me laugh. Almost. There was still a lot of screaming going on. Right now Toots is in her crib, crying. I had to put her down for a few minutes or I literally felt like my back was going to crack right in half. I have a super headache (all that crying right in the left ear for two days straight will do that I guess) and I just wanted to come in here for five minutes and write this post to blow off some steam. It helps to talk about what frustrates you at times and right now I am frustrated. The Hubs works hard, but this can seem SO much harder sometimes! Okay, I've complained enough for one night. Time to go get the kiddo (the other one is already in bed, by the way) and see if we can come up with some kind of distraction or holding position that will stop the crying and prevent any more pain in the back or head regions of Mommy! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. maybe you should just take her in to see a Dr, I know I would pay just for the peace of mind

    ReplyDelete
  2. does she like baths? Sometimes mine get disstracted in the bath. Have you been giving her Tylenol with the vaccine? I usually give my babies tylenol when they get their shots and for the next 24 to 48 hrs. Just thought I'd offer suggestions of what I have done with my kids. Hopefully things will get better soon.

    ReplyDelete